Rather than bore you with a long-winded chronicle of my life, here’s the bullet-point list of tidibts.
I, Ryan McClure…
- …was born July 28, 1984 in western Connecticut.
- …lived in the same house until moving to Boston for college.
- …am an only child.
- …married my wife Cody on August 7, 2010.
- …proposed to her on April 29, 2009 after dating for three years.
- Here’s how I proposed.
- …am an author of speculative fiction.
- …published first book, Ashes of Alour-Tan, on November 25, 2012.
- …professionally idolize John Scalzi and Jim Butcher.
- …currently work at SurfMerchants as a PHP developer.
- …used to work at 38 Studios, until its closure, as a Technical Artist, overseeing technical aspects of the entire environment art department.
- …used to work at Blue Fang Games, before that, also as a Technical Artist.
- … was educated at Northeastern University in Boston, MA.
- …received a Bachelor of Science in the field of Visual Art, concentrating in Animation.
- …have maintained a blog of some kind since August 2001.
- …am an avid player of tabletop and internet-based role-playing games.
- …have been known to play MMOs.
- …intermittently play Star Trek: Online as a member of Pax Gaming.
- …played EVE Online from 2004 to 2009, played World of Warcraft from September ’09 to early ’12 (For the Horde!), briefly played The Secret World when it came out.
That’s the long and short of it. If there’s something missing that you think should be here, let me know.